If you’re anything like me then it’s your favorite season “tailgate season”, honestly who needs an excuse to tailgate? I know I don’t but my brown sugar bacon wrapped jalapeños are perfect for any tailgate, better yet any party.
Ingredients needed for this recipe:
(Serving Size 6-8 ppl)
10-12 Fresh Jalapeños
1 lb – Sliced Bacon (I prefer thick sliced )
1 container – Trader Joe’s Pub Cheese (honestly any pimento cheese will work)
1/2 cup Sharp Shredded Cheddar Cheese
2 Tablespoons – Diced Pimentos
1/2 Teaspoon – Smoked Paprika
1/4 Teaspoon – Light Brown Sugar
Garlic Powder (to taste)
Prep (time to make these babies):
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Cut all of your jalapeños in half length wise and clean them (my tip is to use a small spoon to scoop out the seeds and some of the membranes depending on heat)
- Mix your pub cheese, shredded cheese, diced pimentos and garlic powder (to taste)
- Place the bowl into the fridge to stiffen your cheese mixture
- Place all the jalapeños halves on a plate and lightly salt the inside.
- Take out your chilled cheese mixture, grab your teaspoon and start stuffing your jalapeños
- Once you get all of your jalapeños stuffed take your half slice of bacon and wrap each jalapeño, if you need to stretch your bacon to assist in more coverage. (you will need a half of slice per half of jalapeño)
- Place a toothpick in all of your jalapeños to help them keep their shape.
- Place all of your wrapped jalapeños on your parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Mix your paprika & light brown sugar together until thoroughly mixed together and put it to the side.
It’s time to cook these babies!
Place jalapeños in the oven for 15 minutes on the middle rack, after 15 mins pull your jalapeños out.
Now raise the temp on your oven to 450 degrees
- Then sprinkle your brown sugar & paprika mixture on top of bacon lightly. (Reminder brown sugar can burn)
- Now that you have the tasty mixture on the top, place the jalapeños back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes
Pull the jalapeños out let them cool for 5 minutes or so and now you can ENJOY!
Let me know if you make these for your next tailgate or party, they are crazy delicious!